The Steppe Institute of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences (IS UB RAS) http://orensteppe.org/events/symposium/symposiumviii along with the other stakeholders holds the Eighth International Symposium on «Steppes of Northern Eurasia».
The Symposium will take place in Orenburg from 9 to 13 September 2018. Thematic sections, round tables, outdoor sessions and excursions will be organized. Before the symposium starts its materials shall be issued.
The symposium thematic areas:
1. Topical issues of steppe science. Natural, historical and cultural heritage of steppes.
2. Evolution, structure and anthropogenic transformation of Steppe Eurasia landscapes.
3. Landscape, biological and soil diversity of steppe regions.
4. Problems of agrarian steppe land use and of steppe landscape ecological rehabilitation.
5. Ecological hydrological water management aspects of nature use in the steppe zone.
6. Socio-economic and nature resource potential of steppe regions; economical geographical aspects of steppe nature use.
7. Steppe Eurasia: the development of the concept of transcontinental historical and geographical area as the megaregion embracing steppe zone in Europe and Asia, and adjacent steppe-forest transition zone and desert steppe zone.