Within the framework of the Decade of Science of the ENU them. L.N. Gumilyov, which runs from 02 to 11 April 2018, the Foreign Languages Theory and Practice Department of the Faculty of Philology is holding an International Scientific and Practical Seminar “INNOVATION IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHER EDUCATION” on April 6, 2018.
The purpose of the seminar is to exchange experience in the use of innovative and multimedia technologies and modern approaches in training future English teachers and instructors.
· Dean of the Faculty of Philology, Doctor of Philological Sciences, Professor Sholpan Zharkynbekova
· Head of the Foreign Languages Theory and Practice Department, Candidate of Philological Sciences Zhanna Beisembayeva
– Yerik Nurmoldin, Head of the Science and Innovation Department of the L.N. Gumilyov ENU
– Olga Paterova, Coordinator of the US Embassy in Kazakhstan “The US Embassy Digital Resources”
– J. Michael Nielsen, The University of Texas at El Paso, USA, currently English instructor at Nazarbayev University «Teaching Writing Skills to Advanced English Learners»
– Khomutovsky Andrey, leading expert of the Macmillan Publishing House «English for Specific Purposes»
– Robertus Hendricus Murrer, currently English instructor at Astana English School – School for gifted children No. 81 in Astana «Revision in University Education Associated with Increasing Stress, Depression and Burn-Out Amongst Students, Teachers and Management»
– José Humberto Baeza Estrada, a second-year master student of the Foreign Languages Theory and Practice Department «The Importance of Teaching Cultural Aspects in the ESL Classroom»
Time and Venue:
Astana, Kazhimukhan str., 11, the LN Gumilyov Eurasian National University, Educational-laboratory building (№ 5), rooms 224 and 225
Book Fair of the Macmillan Publishing House:
Educational-laboratory building (№ 5), Block “A”, the 2-nd floor hall
Time: 13.00 – 16.00