L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University hosts the X Republican Subject Olympiad in Religious Studies and Theology among students of universities of Republic of Kazakhstan on 19-20 April 2018.
Objective of Olympiad: formation of Religious Studies and Theology culture of students and creation of conditions for development of their personal and creative potential, professional self-realization and encouragement to scientific activities.
Working languages: Kazakh and Russian.
Thematic areas of Republican Olympiad:
- Islamic culture of Turkic people
- History of religion in Kazakhstan
- History and basics of Islamic science
- Religion, culture and civilization
Team of 3 (three) Religious Studies and Theology students participate in the Olympiad.
Republican Olympiad is conducted in two stages:
1) first – University stage (until 1 January 2018)
2) second – Republican (final) stage (19-20 April 2018)
Final stage of Republican Olympiad is an in-person competition of teams and students (individual competition), which consists of three rounds:
1) First round. “Scientific Project”: defense of scientific project in Religious Studies and Theology area with a demonstration on an interactive whiteboard;
2) Second round “Cognition” – test tasks;
3) Third round “Essay” – tasks on general development (in writing).
The order and criteria for evaluation of the Olympiad competitions are presented in the Regulations of the Republican Student Olympiad in Religious Studies and Theology.
In conduction of the results of the final stage, the jury of the Republican Olympiad selects the winners in both individual and team competition. A participant getting the maximum amount of score after the results of three stages is recognized as the winner of individual competition. A team getting the maximum amount of score after the results of three stages is recognized as an absolute winner of team competition.
The jury is made up of teachers of the Department of Religious Studies of L.N.Gumilyov Eurasian National University and of teachers-supervisors of universities’ teams.
Order of submission of documents to the Organizing Committee of the Olympiad
In order to register a team University shall provide following documents:
- Cover letter addressed to Rector of L.N.Gumilyov Eurasian National University, academician Y. Sydykov;
- Application of a participant (Name, specialization, course, language of education)
- Application of a team supervisor (Name of teacher, academic degree, academic title, position)
All documents shall be sent no later than 16 April 2018 to following address:
Yanushkevich street, 6, Faculty of Social Science campus 4, Department of Religious Studies of L.N.Gumilyov Eurasian National University, 221 room, Astana. Email: email@example.com. Mobile: +7 701 8448799.