We are elated to announce that the Eurasian National University named after L.N. Gumilyov is initiating a new academic center named “Centre for Strategic Research in Central Asia, South Asia and the Middle East”. Centre is supporting and expanding opportunities for collaboration among scholars and students from Central Asia, South Asia and the Middle East, across academic disciplines. Centre will develop an ample understanding of the security, political and economical situation of the whole region. Centre will also be seeking to strengthen linkages with newly emerging academic institutes in the respective regions. It will be a multi-disciplinary research centre to engage in joint research and publication projects with established network in the region.
The purposed Centre is going to constitute three integrated programmes- Central Asia, South Asia and the Middle East. The centre’s academic activity will cover a wide range of subject and premises in teaching as well as in research. The highly distinguished faculty would be able to constantly endeavor to undertake scrupulous research and bring out worthy publication.
With the reference to the inauguration of the purposed centre the faculty of International relations at Eurasian National University named after L.N. Gumilyov plans to hold a two days international conference on “First Tri-Regional Conference: Central Asia, South Asia and the Middle East” on 14-15 February 2018. The proposed conference will focus on all three regions, which had shared in their past a glorious relationship especially with the reference of Silk Road as a linkage point between these regions. The regions have been part of the each other’s extended neighborhood. After independence, Central Asian countries have brought new challenges as well as economic and cultural opportunities to the South Asian countries, especially for India and Pakistan. The linkages between Central Asia and South Asia are as important for both the regions especially in the context of the Middle East in the contemporary era as they were in the past. In this context proposed conference will focus on Central Asia, South Asia and the Middle East.
The proposed conference aims at focusing on the following themes:
1. Central Asia-South Asia and the Middle East: Linkages from the Past.
2. Economic and Trade Relations between the Regions.
3. Energy and Transport Linkages between Central Asia, South Asia and the Middle East.
4. Revival of the Silk Road in the Regions.
5. Emerging Regional organizations in Central Asia, South Asia and the Middle East.
6. Socio-Cultural Linkages between the Regions.
7. Political issues, authoritarianism, democracy and National building processes.
8. Problems of ethnic minority, border issues.
9. Natural resources, Geo-politics and Geo-economics of the Regions.
10. Influence of external powers in the Region.
11. Traditional and non-traditional threats to the Regions and other security issues.
12. Foreign policy issues.
With this perspective, the Eurasian National University named after L.N. Gumilyov invite scholars, experts and practitioners to participate in panels and meetings for strengthening our understanding of the dynamics in the respective regions.
The hosts are pleased to provide the local hospitality to the selected participants. There will be no registration fees.
The conference will be held in three languages: English, Russian and Kazakh.
Conference Important Dates:
· Deadline for Submitting Panel and Abstracts: January 05th, 2018.
· Announcement of Accepted Abstracts: January 10th, 2018.
· Deadline for Submitting Final Papers: February 05th, 2018.
· Final Participant List: February 10th, 2018.