A round table “Islamic Studies in Kazakhstan: state, problems and perspectives” celebrating the anniversary of Muminov Ashirbek Kurbanovich will take place at the Eurasian National University on 20 November, 2014 at 10 a.m.
Questions proposed for discussion at the round table:
1. Islamic Studies: formation, content, methodology, key theories.
2. Islamic Studies through key persons.
3. Studying Islam in Kazakhstan: past and present.
4. Presentation of the book “Islamization and sacred genealogies in Central Asia”, Volume 1, 2
Information for participants
Materials of the round table will be published as a collection of articles. The author will be responsible for the authenticity of the information. The articles will be published in the form submitted by the authors.
Language of conference: Kazakh, Russian, English, Turkish.
1. Kenjetaev Dosay Tursynbaevich (Doctor of Philosophy, professor of Religious Studies Department, ENU )
2. Neal Robinson (PhD, professor of Religious Studies Department, ENU)
3. Shapoval Yuliya Vassilyevna (Doctor of Philosophy, professor of Religious Studies Department, ENU)