This is a notice from Special Program for Central Asian Countries, Masters Program in International Area Studies, University of Tsukuba, Japan (http://www.chiiki.tsukuba.ac.jp/spca/).
Receiving the scholarship from JASSO foundation, we will launch the Cultural Exchange
Program for Central Asian, Middle East, and CIS countries from October 2014.
With this aim, as the partner university of the University of Tsukuba, we would
kindly ask you to recommend one master’s course student from your respected university for one year.
Program details are as follows:
Scholarship: 80,000 yen (around $800 as of 1 April 2014) per month x 12 months
Travel expenses: Self-pay
Period: October 1, 2014 to September 30, 2015 (1-year program)
Target: Master’s course student who is majoring in the field of Humanities and Social Sciences with the command of English language.
Please download the application form from the following address:
1. Application for Exchange (Research) Student at the University of Tsukuba (Form2)
2. A formal letter of request for admission to President of the University of Tsukuba
3. Official transcript of academic records
4. Application for Certificate of Eligibility
5. A copy of your passport, if available (copies should include ID page and pages with Japanese immigration stamps, if any)
6. A certificate confirming the bank account balance that he/she intends to use to support his/her study. (In case of the application being a self-supporting student)
7. Supporter’s certificate of balance of bank account balance, or certificate of income plus certificate of employment (In case of the applicant having a financial supporter, such as a parent or third party.)
8. A document that certificate that the applicant is a recipient of a scholarship from his/her own country (if applicable)
9. Three ID photos of different sizes
-Two (2) pieces 40mm longx 30mm wide (One is to be attached to the application: the other is to be sent together with application materials)
-One (1) piece 30mm x 24mm wide (to be sent together with other application materials)
For your kind reference, please click here<http://travel.state.gov/visa/visaphotoreq/photoexamples/photoexamples_5331.html> to see ID photo examples
Please send all of the documents in PDF format to our program’s email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance.
And then, original documents will then be sent via international mail such as DHL to the following address.
Deadline is April 30, 2014.
Yuko SAKAI (Ms.) University of Tsukuba
Department of Global Activities Division of International Students 1-1-1,
Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8577 Japan
Please do not hesitate to enquire, if you have further questions.
SPCA Office, University of Tsukuba