The International Center for the History and Sociology of World War II and its Consequences at the Higher School of Economics in Moscow, Russia, is soliciting applications for a postdoctoral fellowship for the 2014-15 academic year. The center invites the applications of scholars conducting research related to the history of the Soviet experience of World War II, and especially welcomes those researchers who can contribute to the center’s ongoing project ‘Occupations and Liberations in Europe, 1939-45’.
Possible areas of interest for researchers may include: the social and cultural history of World War II; the history of wartime Stalinism; the history of forced migration during the war and after; the Holocaust in the Soviet Union; studies of German occupation and collaboration; the history of postwar emigration. Other topics related to the study of World War II will be considered.
- Pursuit of his/her research under the supervision of the center’s director, Oleg Budnitskii;
- Contribution to the center’s ongoing projects;
- Dissemination of research in international peer-reviewed journals;
- Presentation of no fewer than two lectures on the fellow’s research at the center or for a broader audience;
- Involvement in the organization of events and other aspects of the development of the center.
Requirements for applicants:
- Possession of a Ph.D. in a relevant field or successful defense of a Ph.D. by the beginning of the fellowship;
- Command of fluent English, the working language of the fellowship;
- Candidates with a record of academic publication in English will be favored.
The fellowship offers an internationally competitive salary, including accommodation and research-related travel support. General conditions for postdoctoral fellowships at the Higher School of Economics can be found here. The term of the fellowship is normally one year with the possibility of extension in some cases.
A complete application includes a CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2014.
The Higher School of Economics is a leading research university in Russia in the social sciences and humanities. For more information on HSE, see its website and the Department of History website. Questions about the fellowship should be directed to email@example.com.