Institute of Earth Sciences of St. Petersburg State University invites you to take part in the annual X Great Geographic Festival ( CIM 2014 ) of students and young scientists.
VENUE OF FESTIVAL – ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA.
TIME – 11-13 APRIL 2014
During the Festival will be provided the International scientific and practical conference “Modern science of geography: a view of young scientists” dedicated to the 290th anniversary of the University of St. Petersburg and the 100th anniversary of Alexey Treshnikov, member of USSR Academy of Sciences, President of the All-Union Geographical Society.
The main topics of the conference:
- Physical and evolutionary geography, landscape planning, soil science and biogeography ;
- Political geography, geopolitics and topical issues of regional policy;
- Socio -economic geography and geo-economics;
- Hydrology, Climatology and meteorology;
- Oceanology, the study of the seas and offshore areas;
- Geomorphology, marine geology and mining geology of the ocean;
- Geo-ecology, environment, environmental management and sustainable development issues;
- Cartography and geodesy, GIS technology in geographical research
During the conference is also planned to organize round tables due to the relevant topics of the conference. Leading scientistsofSt. Petersburg State University will be supervisors of the discussions.
As a result of conference the participant’s papers will be published in an electronic Digest.
Contacts: Stanislav Lachininsky, PhD, firstname.lastname@example.org, +79117887154