The Fulbright FLTA program is a nine-month, non-degree program. FLTA participants will help strengthen Kazakh language instruction at a U.S. university or college and also interact with their host communities in conversation groups, extracurricular activities, and community outreach projects.
All FLTA participants will receive a monthly stipend, accident and sickness coverage, and travel support. U.S. host universities will provide tuition waivers to support the required coursework.
· Applicants must be teachers of English or in training to become teachers of English.
· Applicants must possess the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor’s degree by August 2012.
· Applicants must be at least 21 years old and no more than 29 years old by October 1, 2012.
· Applicants must be native speakers of Kazakh
· Applicants must be fluent in English
· Applicants must demonstrate maturity, dependability, integrity, and professionalism
· Applicants must reside in Kazakhstan throughout the nomination and selection process
Nominations are made by the U.S. Embassy in Kazakhstan and are reviewed in the United States by an independent review committee. The J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board has final approval of nominees.
The application deadline is June 1, 2012.